Our vision is a world where every child has access to quality education.
COCO’s purpose is to provide education to create the opportunity for children to break the cycle of poverty.
Our mission is to provide sustainable sources of quality education to children living in poor and marginalised communities.
We do this by:
- Working with local partners who are committed to our vision
- Listening to the needs of beneficiaries
- Learning which obstacles prevent children accessing education.
- Ensuring that education offered is of good quality, incorporating not only the relevant national curriculm, but also informal skills important for students to enjoy the best possible opportunity in their lives
- Collaborating to find sustainable and innovative long term solutions to poverty
- Ensuring that our projects are specific to the needs of each community
- Planning for independence for local partners from the outset
We are currently working with remote communities in East Africa to work towards our mission.
- We will always listen to supporter feedback and adapt our strategies in line with your views
- We will always be transparent:
- a) with the communities we work with, ensuring that together we are accountable to each other
- b) with the people who support us, ensuring we are honest in the way we portray the communities we support and how we spend our funds
- We will never pass on your information to a third party
- We will always endeavour to work energetically and innovatively, we believe in constantly finding new ways to develop the organisation
- We will be ambitious, setting the highest standard in everything we do and live a "can do attitude" to reach COCO's goals
- We will use our common sense, we believe in best-practice and effective management processes but common sense will always prevail
We believe in a personal approach to the way we interact with both the individual communities we work with and those who support us, ensuring that our approach is positive, innovative, effective and sustainable.
We promise to listen to the needs of the community, learn from them and sustain development
"The importance of education for children cannot be overstated; education promotes better health, improved self-esteem and the development of skills that are essential for making a living in later life.
For 100 million children across the globe, poverty prevents them accessing the education they so desperately need. You can play your part in helping others to help themselves. People living in poor countries don’t want hand-outs; they want the opportunity to transform their lives and the lives of their families. COCO works closely with local community organisations to ensure that the money that you donate is used to maximum effect to give the poorest families hope for the future.
In this increasingly globalised world in which we live, the needs of the world’s less developed countries are coming closer to our doorstep. Each and every one of us has the potential to change the inequalities of the world. You can play your part, however large or small, in eradicating poverty for the most vulnerable children in the world."
Steve Cram CBE
COCO believes that all children, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or economic circumstance should have the opportunity to receive an education.