In these terms and conditions ‘Coco’ means Comrades of Children Overseas and/or any subsidiary thereof.
Access to and use of this website is provided by Coco subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use this website.
2. Coco may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Coco. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of this website
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use this website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content on this website except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of this website content requires the prior written permission of Coco.
4. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this website.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. This website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Coco is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. The use of this website and any information on this website (or any software at any other site) is entirely at the risk of the user. Under no circumstances will Coco be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss, expenses, damages or costs of any kind; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages or (h) loss of business; arising from the use of this website regardless of the form of action.
This website may contain inaccurate information. Coco is under no responsibility to update or correct any such information or to even maintain this website. Coco reserves its right to change any information or any part of this website without notice.
7. Coco does not warrant that functions contained in this website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying Coco or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Coco and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms or this website shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Coco, or any other third party. Copyright on all of the images on this website are owned by Coco or by others and used under license, in accordance with the terms of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988.
9. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on this website then the latter shall prevail.
11. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
12. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, the courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
Note: Comrades of Children Overseas is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity (registered no. SC030428). The registered office of the company is Third Floor, 14 Blandford Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4HZ
In this Policy ‘Coco’ means Comrades of Children Overseas and/or any subsidiary thereof.
Collection of Information
Coco holds and stores certain information about you. For example, it holds information related to your visit to this site such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and information you specifically provide to enable you to receive a particular service.
Use of Information Collected
We will only use the information you provide us for:
• Processing your donations or other financial transactions;
• Processing your enquiry;
• For statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
• To supply website content and advertisements to you but only if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you;
• To administer this website;
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Non-personal data may also be used and stored with other persons.
We do not sell or transfer any personal information outside Coco other than where explicit reference is made and approval obtained from you when you provide the information, or where passing that information to third parties is necessary to provide you with the information or service requested.
Coco have adopted a policy of compliance with the data protection laws of the United Kingdom and takes reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
By supplying us with information you confirm that you do not consider use of your information in accordance with this Privacy Statement to be a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999. By entering information on forms or providing us with any personal information you are consenting to us processing that data for our own business use and holding it on our server.
You should also be aware that if the police request us or any regulatory or governmental authority investigating suspected unlawful activities to provide your personal details and/or information concerning your activities whilst visiting this site, we shall do so.
How we keep your information secure.
Coco takes the security of your personal data seriously. We use industry standard security software to safeguard your data.
Coco’s website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by Coco. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites which are not managed by Coco
This policy can change to meet the requirements of our business or of changes in the Data Protection and/or other laws. Changes will be updated on our web site www.coco.org.uk
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to this website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on this website. Coco can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behavior. This may involve informing relevant third parties (including law enforcement agencies) about the content and your behavior.
Users 17 and under
If you are aged 17 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to this website. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Registered Charity No. SC030428